Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mom's Garlic Bread

I love garlic bread and was raised having bread in our house. In the same way, Brian loves his carbs and loves this garlic bread as much as I do. This is a great recipe that can fit to whatever you have on hand. This is a rustic down home recipe that is easy to adapt and easy to make. We do this to use up leftover breads. Enjoy.

Ingredients:

Bread (hot dog/hamburger buns, rolls, french bread, etc.)
Butter/Margarine
Garlic Salt/Powder
Parmesan
Cheese (Cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)

Directions:

Heat the oven to 400.
Separate your bread into two pieces/slices.
Butter the bread to your liking.
Sprinkle over the butter garlic salt/powder and Parmesan cheese.
If you want, then you can top with the other cheese you have out.
Put in oven for 10-15 minutes until nice and warmed through or as toasty as you like.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I haven't thought about this in a long time. I don't think I ever made this type of garlic bread for Jim (he didn't like it, only the fancier type with real french loaves) and I do the Texas Toast type stuff now since bread goes bad too often when it's just me in the house and I can just keep that frozen until needed. But I should see if Brett likes it. I made him Ms. T's Pierogies for the first time last night, with butter and onions. He liked them. And I made him Hamburger Helper last week (apparently they don't have that in Australia). Another success. Poor people food (rather than the fancy cooking he does for me) is growing on him, lol.

    ReplyDelete