As the Olympics begin tonight, we had to have a party with ice cream. The kids like it when we make our own in our ice cream machine, so instead of our frosty knock-off I thought I would try a vanilla.
This is a good recipe, but I am not sure that it is copycat of our beloved Texas Blue Bell!
The kids enjoyed it and the topping bar that came with it!
COPYCAT Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Recipe created by Autumn Reo of MamaChallenge.com.
- 6 eggs yolks
- 2 cups white sugar
- 24 oz. heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Whole Milk (about 2 cups)
- Cream eggs and sugar. (I did not cook the custard and it turned out fine)
- Then add cream and condensed milk and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour into ice cream churn.
- Add milk until to fill line.
- Insert dasher.
- Pack cooler with layer of ice, then rock salt, and continue to repeat until full.
- It's done when it won't churn anymore.