This one though is a winner! We are facilitating Financial Peace University at your church, and I have decided to bring snacks each week for our two hour meeting form 6:30-8:30.
One of our participants, said this one tasted just like chocolate cake, and that wasn't the only person that said this.
Recipe is from Taste of Home, with my changes in red!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini I did not peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. I buttered the dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
- I baked in a 9x13 (completely full) and baked for about 30-40 minutes.