- 20 fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set aside, you’ll need these in a minute.
- Use a damp cloth to wash the mushrooms.
- Cut any hard part off the mushroom stems and discard. Chop up the remaining mushroom stems so that they are really fine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Sauté the chopped mushroom stems and garlic for 5-10 minutes. Turn the heat to low. Stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper and oregano. Stir well.
- Spoon about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
- Serve immediately.