Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pulled Pork BBQ Style

This past week, I decided to cook a pork roast bbq style.  I found a really simple easy recipe that I adapted (I don't remember where I got it from) that was easy to do and ended up being a life saver at dinner time when I had to run out and watch a friends kids while they went to meet the teacher.

Pulled Pork BBQ Style

Ingredients:
-Pork Roast 4lbs or so
-2 cups bbq sauce
-2 onions thinkly sliced
-1 1/2 cups of water
-salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.  Slice the onions and put half of them on the bottom of the crockpot.
2.  Load in your roast and season with salt and pepper.
3.  Pour water on top and put the rest of the onions on the top of the roast.
4. Cook on high for 4-5 hours (or low for 8-10)
5. Pull the pork with two forks, your fingers, or feel free to dice (I did a combination of all three!)
6.  Pour the liquid out of the crockpot (I saved the onions and put back in with the meat)
7.  Pour the BBQ sauce over the pork and cook on low/warm until you are ready to eat. (I did about 2 hours)

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment