Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chocolate-Coconut Cookies

Since I was doing a simple dinner in the crockpot tonight, I felt like I needed to actually cook/bake something.  So I decided on making these that I found on Pinterest from here originally.

The website claimed that these were like Samoa's, but that is not accurate at all in my opinion.  They were more like a coconut brownie, and they were messy, but oh so rich and yummy!

Chocolate-Coconut Cookies:

Ingredients:
--3 cups finely ground cookies--I used chocolate graham crackers
--1/4 cup of sugar
--3/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
--1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
--1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
--1 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a 15x10 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.  In a large bowl mix the melted butter, cookie crumbs, and sugar until well combined.  Evenly press onto the bottom of the baking dish.  Rotate once 1/2 way through baking.  Cook until firm--10 minutes or so.  Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.  (I didn't cook mine long enough, so try 15 if it is still a little soft!
3.    Pour the condensed milk over the top of the cookie base, sprinkle with chocolate chips, and then add the  coconut.
4.  Bake at 375 until toasted--10 to 15 minutes.  Cool completely and cut into squares of equal size. **Or if you are like me, just cut them into square that look like a good size!

No comments:

Post a Comment