Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Creamy Chicken Mexican Dish

Today, I decided to try a new recipe out in the crockpot that I found on Pinterest.  Here is the link to the original recipe!  It has been really hot here in Texas, so a simple easy dinner that didn't heat up my kitchen was a must!  (even though I did bake a dessert!)

It is a lot soupy, so be aware that you need something else to soak this up or just be okay with lots of liquid leftover. This was my thought as I was getting it all going.  After I turned off the crockpot and waited like an hour, it wasn't as soupy, but it was still quite a  bit of liquid left!

Creamy Chicken Mexican Dish

Ingredients:
--Frozen chicken (2.5-3lbs)--I used boneless thighs
--8 oz. block of cream cheese
--Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
--Can of corn, drained
--Can of Rotel
--package of taco seasoning

Directions:
Layer in the order above and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Stir every two hours or so.
Serve over nachos or make into burritos or tacos or a rice bowl.

**We served it like tacos and spanish rice!**

Enjoy


We will probably do a Taco Salad or burrito bowls with white rice the next time we make this.  It does make up a lot though, so be prepared for leftovers or to have extra people over.  It doesn't help that I don't know how to cook for two!

No comments:

Post a Comment