Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Zucchini was on sale at the store a few weeks ago and I decided to try and my first ever bread recipe.  What is better than Zucchini bread.  I made this right before I left for CIY, and just now getting to this recipe.  That is how busy my summer has been.  This was an easy recipe to follow and tasted really good as well!  Even Brian liked it!  This recipe was found in a Knoxville, IL cookbook from the 1970's that I got from my mother-in-law when she was cleaning out cookbooks.  I just love old cookbooks and the great recipes to be found!

Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (or use applesauce)
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (didn't add since I didn't have any on hand)

Directions
1. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans and preheat oven to 325 degrees. (I didn't have any of these pans so I just did a 9x13 baking dish and made more of a cake then cut into squares)
2.Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.  Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.  Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
4. Pour batter into baking dishes.
5. Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until center is fully cooked.  Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then remove from pan to completely cool. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!!

    If I get time, I will try to send you the links to the recipe we used for the honey cornbread a while back--it was REALLY good (the Texas caviar was just so-so).

    ReplyDelete