Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pina Colada Cookies

We had some leftover coconut frosting leftover from another baking day and I figure I needed to find another recipe to finish using up this frosting.  I decided to make pina colada cookies.  Brian took these to work and they were well loved.

Pina Colada Cookies

Ingredients
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineaple (I only had rings, so I just chopped them myself)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teasppon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions
1.Drain pineapple, reserving all juice. Set pineapple aside; set juice aside for frosting. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add pineapple and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Add 3 tablespoons fo juice to the batter for a more pineapple flavor.
2.Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
3. I don't have a written recipe of the frosting, so I found this one online that was also a great substitute. 
**For frosting, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to achieve a smooth spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. 

This will give you about 3 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment