Monday, November 11, 2013

Homemade Mounds

A few months ago, I was craving an almond joy, but had no desire to get out and buy them.  Knowing I had coconut on hand, and chocolate, I looked up a recipe and while I couldn't find one I loved, I did come up with a good product after some trials and errors!  We didn't have any almonds, so they became Mounds!

Homemade Mounds

Ingredients:

1 package coconut flakes (I used sweetened)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Chocolate for coating

Directions:

1. Mix coconut and condensed milk in a bowl until well combined.
2. Place in fridge until in hardens slightly, about 30 minutes.
3. Take a cookie scoop and make as many scoops as you can.  Place on silpat mat and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
4. Melt chocolate and coat the scoops. Refrigerate until hardened.

To make these almond joys just add almonds before coating with chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. I was just about to ask if you had leftovers when I reread the "a few months ago" part. :-( I never used to like mounds/almond joy-they were an Angela candy, but I really like them now. We should make these around the holidays! Did Mom tell you we got a new dishwasher for them? So cooking over here is going to be so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet of you guys. I know it is well appreciated! I thinki can whip up a batch of these for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete