Monday, December 10, 2012

Corn Casserole or Scalloped Corn

This is a classic recipe from the Newby household.  This was one of the many recipes that I was given the first Christmas in my recipe book from recipes from Brian's upbringing.

Since we were doing potluck Christmas party, I knew this would be a great side dish for the ham that was being provided.

The main difference between the two is that in the orginal recipe, you are not supposed to drain the corn.  I did drain the corn!

Corn Casserole or Scalloped Corn

Ingredients:
1 can regualr corn (drained or undrained)--I drain
1 can creamed corn
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 cup sour cream
1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix (or any 8.5 ounce corn mix)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

**This is great to double and place in a 9x13 for potlucks or for bigger crowds!

1 comment:

  1. I am so surprised to see this on your blog considering how much you hated corn growing up. What does the final product taste like? I am looking for easy recipes for when Brett's parents are in town. This is one I will definitely have to try.

    ReplyDelete