Saturday, October 6, 2012

Syrup

I have been craving breakfast food lately, but haven't had any syrup in the house. In an effort to cut out some of the processed foods in our house, I looked up some recipes, and it looked simple enough.

I was right, it was. I followed a recipe from one good thing by jillie and it turned out like syrup.

I thought it was a little thin, Brian thought it was too sweet, but it is a good one to have on hand!

Syrup

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of maple extract

Directions:

1. Boil the water and add the sugars until dissolved.
2. Add the maple extract and stir in.
3. Take off heat and cool. Then place in a jar and keep in the fridge!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you tried and sorta liked this! Kids are out of syrup, I have all these things on hand so I'll probably try this now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it more once I looked T real maple syrup. I think I just haven't had syrup in the house in so long that I don't know what it is supposed to be like. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete