Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banana Bread

Haven't been doing much cooking lately with the arrival of Andrew six weeks ago. Here is my new favorite for banana bread. Hope you enjoy! Banana bread 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/2 cup butter 2 eggs 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 1/2 cups flour 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed 1/2 cup nuts, chopped 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Blend together sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, which have been sifted together. Add mashed bananas, chopped nuts, and vanilla extract. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 375°F degrees for 1 hour. Brush top with melted butter or glaze with confectioners icing, if desired, while loaf is still warm.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a good banana bread recipe for when my bananas are about to go bad (Brett doesn't like them and I always seem to buy more than I can eat before they turn brown). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete